Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Body Fitting Question

Post Thanks / Like

Body Fitting Question

I am getting the frame ready for the first body fitting and have read that many have added some kind of spacer material on top of the 1" tube on both sides up close to the radiator to raise the nose up a bit. I have read that some use wood and some rubber. What is the best material to use and how much should be added?

Thanks guys,

Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    I had just gone through this myself - it was recommended to me to use a rubber block 5/8" tall, and install it at the end of the 3/4" chassis rail (beside the hood hinge) just before it takes the 45 degree dive to the bumper mount. I ordered rubber block from Metro Rubber products at the same time I ordered the rubber grommets which install into the nose where the SS shafts for the bumper go through. Just a comment here but if you already attached the adhesive backed expanded foam to the top of the 3/4" chassis rail once you put in the 5/8" block you'll notice there is a gap between the top of the foam and the body at the nose of the car - decreasing as you get back to the footbox. I ordered some taller rubber seal from Metro as well.
    ** I confess I inserted a block of wood till my rubber pieces arrived I plan to swap it out with the rubber when the body comes off again. There is a really good post on fitting the body to the car which covers this probably in better detail and a lot more.
    Jeff_J.