Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Another Street Legal 818s (Kansas)

Post Thanks / Like

Another Street Legal 818s (Kansas)

Officially registered my car today!

I spent way too many hours stressing about the inspection. It was all of 10 minutes and most of that was them trying to read the serial number off the motor.

I think Kansas is one of the "easy" states. Called highway patrol, they came to my house and did the inspection. Then did a walk-in appt at the DMV. Gave them all the receipts, answered a few questions, got about 3 managers involved over what constitutes proof of ownership for the donor parts, paid the tax, walked out about an hour later with a temp license plate and registration papers.

I had a bunch of fun custom plate ideas, but "818S" was not taken so I felt I really had to go with that.

PXL_20230928_233832157.jpg

PXL_20230929_000533420.jpg
    Last edited by lpmagruder; 09-28-2023 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Typo

2. Likes jbs72697, Fman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good call on the plate and congratulations! Hope someday I’ll add mine to the list of completed and registered 818S’s

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do it brother!

It can be a little intimidating on here seeing all the full race prepped cars that must be worth 50k+. Mine is a total budget build (if you didn't figure that out from the stock WRX wheels!)

Part of why I didn't make a build thread, I pretty much just followed the manual and didn't do anything fancy, though I've got a lot of mod ideas on my list if I win the lottery or something!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!

"818S" was still an available plate in California when I registered mine about 2 years ago. I didn't take it, so perhaps it's still available. I went with "WRX DNA".

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Where are you in Kansas? I'll keep my eyes peeled! I'm west of KC...Tonganoxie.
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, you're not too far away! I'm in Stilwell, a bit south of OP right near hwy 69.