Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bilsten Shock Breakage and final solution?

Post Thanks / Like

Bilsten Shock Breakage and final solution?

I bought my roadster package in 2006, and for a while I was kind of out of touch with the ffcars forum and what had happened with the shock breakage on the bilsten shocks. What is the current fix and or status with the bilsten shocks that were shipping with the kits at that time. I received the tech alert from Factory Five about the spring count and zip tying the hat to the shock, but am unsure of what the final solution was. I have just finished my car and want to make sure that I don't have any issues. Could you please tell me what the final official response was on these shocks, and what I need to do? I have the IRS package as well. Thanks.

David Cuthbert

Post Thanks / Like
    The final solution was Bilstien had a rework program where they would replace the shaft and rod end where they shocks were failing. They had a small fee to have each shock reworked. They have 2 facilities you can contact to have your shocks worked on.

One is in CA. The telephone number is 858-386-5900
    The other is in NC. 704-663-7563

Best regards,

Brian @ FFR

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Brian. I appreciate the information.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, new to FFR and the forum i just purchased FFR5000 w irs. LOVEIN it! Not sure, are the shocks that came with this kit the Bilsteins refered to here? I noted in the pic of the Konis the rod end is down on my car the rod end is up, is that correct? Is replacing these (unknown brand) worth the money to go to Koni's? Also if i were to change to Koni's woulds i have to replace all 4 or possibly just rears? Thanks in advance Jim