Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Eligible T5Z part numbers

Post Thanks / Like

Eligible T5Z part numbers

In looking at sources for the T5Z, it appears the M-7003-Z is a ford / ford racing part number.

As mentioned by Mike Forte in an old thread, the tremec part #1352-251 part is identical except for the tag...

In a similar vein, I am looking at a used one from Summit (original receipt in hand) with a part # 1352000251. Would this transmission be allowed? I am shying away from older T5s due to the power increase this year, but am trying to keep the costs down vs. a TKO500.

Thanks! Can't wait to join you guys someday, soon.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    I got an email on this from Brian, so I thought I'd post it here.

"Eric,

I don't believe we are going to see any more stress on the T5 or failures due to the new engine spec. We chose the intake, that we did, to limit the torque increase. Will probably not see numbers above 320. Also, with the new rear gearing, we will get out of third a lot more which is where most failures occur.

My advice is to go with the M-7003-Z as it is guaranteed legal. Plus it is the same price. The Hurst conversion #1352000251 would not be legal. Read closer at it's description.

" All forward gears are fully synchronized using carbon fiber type sychronizer materials to make silky smooth shifts."

CF syncros are not stock in the T5.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Hope to see you on track soon.

Brian