Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MaxVmo’s Build

Post Thanks / Like

MaxVmo’s Build

Hello all, excited to begin my build. As most hear it’s been a dream for many years! As a kid i took a ride in a kit Cobra and I’ve been hooked ever since. I’m not a mechanic but I’ve turned a wrench which means I know how overwhelmed I am at the moment!

My complete kit arrived September 17. So complete that the cutouts I thought I ordered were still there. Oops! Good news is the frame dolly and body buck I built from plans I found here worked perfectly.

The inventory was tedious but not too difficult. Some backordered items included the gas cap and radiator. All my missing items have been delivered to date.

I went to the local FedEx and had the manual printed and bound since they apparently don’t come with the complete kit anymore.

My kit will feature a Blueprint injected 347, stainless pipes/roll bar, and the Mosher rear end. I went for the powder coated frame.

The threads on this forum show incredible talent. My talent is humility! I’m very excited to be here and am looking forward to this experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tech question about hardware—this will help later as well I’m sure. Yesterday when assembling the upper control arms I found no guidance on which nuts/bolts/washers to use. The manual doesn’t list a part number for example. I’m guessing the Atlantic Fasteners kit is where the bolts are—is there a reference somewhere that lists part numbers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Answered.

There is an updated manual—version is now 5G, which isn’t the one I downloaded last month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check your POL list for the manual. Mine arrived several weeks after the rest of the kit. Printed manual version 5G.
    As far as fasteners, some are called out, some are not. it's a little frustrating, occasionally you have to read ahead,other times you make the best guess you can.
    Watch for the metric/SAE stuff. Several sizes of metric are very close to SAE, such as 6mm and 1/4", and 16mm and 5/8". The bolt heads are marked appropriately, but the nuts are not.
    ----------------------------------------------

Jeff
    Roadster delivered 8/27/23
    Chevrolet Performance LS3
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    First build week and it’s already time to go back to work. Almost done with front suspension. Been having some lessons along the way! The brake pads included are a little different look than the manual but so far things seem to be coming together. Side question—when mounting the brake assembly to the rotor—are the brake pads supposed to be tight on the rotor or does that get resolved later? Have a great day.709F4B3C-5235-4D3C-858F-8A52CC8B4711.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Time to put my frame on the wheels. I have a chassis dolly ready to go to anyone who wants it. Built from plans found on the Forums. Come get it! Located Prescott, Arizona. PM for info.