Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818R springs and schocks on my 818S track car

Post Thanks / Like

818R springs and schocks on my 818S track car

Still trying to decide if I want to put 818R shocks (red) and springs (500#/350#) on my 818S (yellow, 350#/275#) track car. Looking for feedback from you 818 track guys. 20% off FFR Black Friday sale, so I need to pull the trigger soon if I'm going to. Should I take advantage of the 20% sale?

At what point does one switch from yellow to red shocks? Are there better spring rates to start with?
    Last edited by Dave 53; 11-20-2023 at 08:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dave

I have an 818S I only run at the track. I am still running the yellow shocks on mine. I talked to Wayne and he recommended I run 500f/600r. I tried them and to me they were to stiff for street tires. I couldn’t get the car to turn like I wanted. I have now been running 425f/500r for a few years now. I felt the 350f was way to soft and I kept dragging the splitter under hard braking. The 500f just didn’t seem to dive enough under braking and lost some of the turn with the car. The 425f stopped the splitter dragging and helped the turn so I have stuck with them. I also have no sway bar which helped the car turn better in the slower turns.

I have no idea if the “red” shocks would be any better. I just put the yellow ones on full stiff to help with the stiffer springs.

Good luck picking something. I run normally big fast tracks so stiffer is better. If you run slower tight courses a softer setup might be better.