BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818c ABS Wheel Speed Sensors

Post Thanks / Like

818c ABS Wheel Speed Sensors

I want to double check if I can cut the wires that go into each wheel assembly. I checked the service manual and the wires are to the speed sensors for the ABS. I am not using the ABS system for my build but wanted to check and see if there was another reason to keep the wires to the sensors. My donor is a 2007 WRX. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    the ABS system on our generation of subaru's is a stand alone system. You can remove all the abs wiring. You may heed to jumper a wire on the dash cluster to turn off the abs warning light.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    The gauge cluster pin B3 (Light green Yellow) needs to be grounded to keep the ABS light off. There’s no need to, but if you remove the speed sensors, you might make a cover for the hole to keep debris out.

20191026_161733.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both for your replies. Have a nice Thanksgiving.