Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Cab interior width

Post Thanks / Like

Cab interior width

What is the interior width in the cab of the 35 gen 2 truck? Mine will be delivered in about two months. There are several aftermarket bench seats available, but I want to find one that will fold forward or I can do a flip design. However the width, both at the seat and at the shoulders is going to be the determining factor. Any information would help. Thanks in advance.
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    The width at the rear of the cab is 46 inches between the frame uprights.

At the front where the doors hinge it is 42 inches.

Don't forget about the driveshaft tunnel. 6.25 tall by 5.5 inches wide.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Guardm16 View Post
    What is the interior width in the cab of the 35 gen 2 truck? Mine will be delivered in about two months. There are several aftermarket bench seats available, but I want to find one that will fold forward or I can do a flip design. However the width, both at the seat and at the shoulders is going to be the determining factor. Any information would help. Thanks in advance.
    Steve
    1990 Mustang 5.0 5sp, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 1935 Extended Cab Build, 347 & 4R70W

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I was looking at several bench seats, some for the back of jeeps etc. But then I came across this mount that I think could be modified to work and would get the bench over the driveshaft tunnel.
    rear_seat_mounts_JK_JL_5__32676.jpgrear_seat_mounts_JK_JL_3__15691.jpg For less than $300 it looks solid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonImbimbo View Post
    The width at the rear of the cab is 46 inches between the frame uprights.

At the front where the doors hinge it is 42 inches.

Don't forget about the driveshaft tunnel. 6.25 tall by 5.5 inches wide.

Don
    46 inches, that is about 4 inches wider than I thought, thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardm16 View Post
    Steve
    I used FFR bench seats as I am pretty much a rookie. I used trunk hinges from a MB sedan. They work great. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures. But I will shoot some tomorrow.

6. Thanks Guardm16 thanked for this post
    Likes FatherAndSon liked this post