Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Truck with bike fenders

Post Thanks / Like

Truck with bike fenders

When I ordered my complete '35 Hot Rod Truck kit I asked if the bike fenders for the 33 Hot Rod would fit on the truck. I was told YES and that it would look great.

Well the rear fenders dont fit even close, they would need major surgery to fit properly, well above my paygrade. I wanted to leave the fenders unpainted, but if they get diced and sliced not sure what that would look like.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris... that doesn't seem correct? What I mean is the '35 truck front half is the same as the '33 Hot Rod. Have you contacted FFR on this issue? If yes, what did they say?

thx Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...35-Truck-Build
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Same issue here; the flange sides of the rear fenders are curved to fit the shape of the hot rod body while the truck bed sides are flat.
    Our plan is to trim the fender to a uniform 13.5" width; shape and bond aluminum angle to the new straight edge to form a new flange-should be finished next week - I'll let you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, please keep me posted. Did you call FFR? Can a fiberglass guy do the modifications?

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, I found a guy (?) says he is on it - edge grinder to trim the fender to a 13.5" width; form a piece of aluminum L, and bond to the fender for the flange - pray for me; I'll let you know. Says he will get to it this week

Post Thanks / Like
    On another note -the front fenders - had to cut a V ( and weld) the leading edge of the braces to bend them back a tad to fit the fenders

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, I'm confused. Not that far along, but you made me curious, so I pulled out the rear fenders and laid them flat on a table, inside down (side against the bed side). Both fenders laid flat and even against the table. Just a slight variation on inside width measurements, between 13.5 and 13.65, primarily due to fiberglass thickness. What am I missing ? Thanks, DonS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonS View Post
    Chris, I'm confused. Not that far along, but you made me curious, so I pulled out the rear fenders and laid them flat on a table, inside down (side against the bed side). Both fenders laid flat and even against the table. Just a slight variation on inside width measurements, between 13.5 and 13.65, primarily due to fiberglass thickness. What am I missing ? Thanks, DonS
    Don, I believe there referring to the smaller "Bike" fenders... not the old '35 style.

Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...35-Truck-Build
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, when I ordered mine, I got motorcycle front fenders and what I believe are regular 35 rear truck fenders. That’s why I didn’t understand Chris’s comment about the rear fenders. Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

Please keep me posted, no problem driving over to FLL.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Meeting a fiberglass guy in Sarasota today, he says he can modify them. Just have to see what that will cost. Yes I am in contact with FFR and they offered to exchange my carbon fiber for their steel..... dont really like that look so we just have to see how it shakes out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, left you phone msg - my guy hasn't got around to me yet, will keep you posted