Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Additional fuse panel or Aux power source

Post Thanks / Like

Additional fuse panel or Aux power source

Any of you install an Additional fuse panel or Auxiliary power source in your '33? Looking for a place to hook up the A/C and Electric steering to start with.
    Pictures of what you did would be greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    I hooked up the AC to the heater wire from the FFR dash harness and the PS to the electric choke wire. Any switched ignition wire your not using for something else will do for the PS. You can download the instructions for each from FFR Parts site.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

3. Thanks Just 1 More thanked for this post
    Likes Just 1 More liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastertech5 View Post
    I hooked up the AC to the heater wire from the FFR dash harness and the PS to the electric choke wire. Any switched ignition wire your not using for something else will do for the PS. You can download the instructions for each from FFR Parts site.
    NOt sure why I didn't think of that.. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    I put in an Auxiliary Fuse block for additional accessories where the Passenger Side floorboard & Firewall meet...

IMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

IMG_5760.jpg

IMG_5849.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

6. Thanks Just 1 More thanked for this post
    Likes Just 1 More, JimLev liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am building a customized version of the '33. I have a separate "electronics bay" above the IRS and below the trunk floor. That space houses my audio amp, an auxiliary fuse block, and some other miscellaneous bits of electronics gear. Power is fed to these items direct from the battery through several circuit breakers. Although I made every effort to seal the bay, all the components are marine grade equipment that will tolerate any stray moisture that gets in the box. Sorry, no pictures since I've started tearing stuff apart to get the chassis powder coated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Keith HR #894

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the link, almost makes me want to rewire some of the things behind the dash.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.