Thought it was time to get a build thread started seeing as how I got my MK4 2 weeks ago (better late than never). Ordered my MK4 kit on August 21 2023. Kit was completed Nov 11 2023 and delivered on Nov 22 (the day before Thanksgiving). I was counting down the days, and so excited to actually have it in my garage/workshop.

No car building experience so far for me other than oil changes, brake repairs, and a couple of head gasket replacements. I love working with my hands and for most of my life woodworking has been my main hobby along with beer making and bike riding. A few years ago I put a heated workshop on the back of my garage to enable winter activities without frozen fingers. In getting ready for my new challenge I shoved all my woodworking tools to the side so that the chassis fits through the double doors. Unfortunately the body is about 1.5 inches too wide but the chassis fits. I will have to keep measuring to make sure I can get the chassis out again without removing the door frame.

My build plan is daily driver. (Well, during the warmer seasons of the year)

My build:
Complete kit
Powder coated frame
IRS
Power steering
Hydraulic Clutch
Platinum gauges
Powder coated rollbar
Wood steering wheel
Body cutouts
Blank dash
Black vinyl seats
Coyote engine - from Mike Forte
TKX trans. - Mike Forte
Wheels and tires - not decided as yet
Coyote exhaust headers - sent to Jet Hot for ceramic coating
Side exhaust base - sent to Jet Hot for ceramic coating

I am hoping my son and grandsons will be able work with me to complete the build but their 2 hour drive may limit their time availability.
I have been eagerly reviewing many build threads and am very happy to have the forum resource and generous forum members.

Next task is to update my progress and figure out how to attach photos.
Let the fum begin!

Dave