Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Back in the saddle

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the saddle

Time for an update since crashing my beloved Type 65 at the track. She is finally road worthy again. It is crazy to me how I was able to build the first car in 9 months, but the rebuild took exactly 2 years. Very painful , but a lot of good changes were made based on my previous experience. Here is the before, middle, and after. Here are some of the changes. Took out the Mcleod twin disc race clutch. Great on the track, but almost undriveable on the street. I instead installed the Mcleod twin disc street clutch . It’s good to a 1000 hp and is super smooth. Race fuel pump instead of the junk one that came with the kit. During deconstruction, found that the stock connector had overheated and melted the pump. That could have gone real bad!. Went to an aftermarket steering rack. Better quality and much better feel than the stock setup. TKX from a TKO. Shifts as good as my Liberty built TKO. Also much stronger. I had already grenaded the TKO once. Upped the spring rates by 100lb. on all corners. My track has a pretty good drop and I was bottoming out. I know there is more but it was a long recovery. One thing that makes me chuckle a bit is all the builders I hear talking about making 600,700,or more hp in a coupe. My car has a tuned gen 3 coyote making 450 rwhp and it is an absolute terror on the track. I have a hard time keeping a set of 888r’s glued. I can’t imagine more power. Just saying. Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Nigel Allen, CaptB, rhk118 liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well Done & Welcome Back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations and what a comeback. That takes a lot of grit to rebuild after something like that and to do it so well.
    MKIV #8414 - Complete Kit - Gen 2 Coyote - MT82 6 Speed - Wilwoods - Moser 3.55 Rear

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so, so cool to see. Do you have a (re)build thread anywhere? I'd love to know more about what it took to get her back on the road again.
    Cheers,

--jim

Build 1: Gen III Type 65 Coupe, Gen II Coyote