Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lower control arm assembly question

Post Thanks / Like

Lower control arm assembly question

My stage 1 kit was delivered on the 16th....exciting day for sure as this is my 1st build. I'm going to start a build thread but, just haven't sat long enough to start it just yet.
    Anyway, I'm assembling front suspension and manual shows 2 positions (pg 25) for sleeve bushing depending on suspension holes being used for the left side but, it does not show doing this for the right side (pg 27). Even though the manual doesn't show this for the right side, should it be done also?

Thanks to all you guys..always an answer to my questions,
    JW

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Lower holes on both sides for a street car.
    Mike

3. Thanks jwelch7818 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, thanks for the quick reply...everybody here more than helpful....i am using the lower holes but it shows a flipped rear sleeve bushing on left lower control arm for using lower holes. It doesn't show this on right side assembly instructions but I'm assuming they should be the same...

Post Thanks / Like
    At the beginning of chap 2 there is a statement that the upper holes on the frame are the stock location and the lower holes are for when you are installing full fenders.

Both sides should be the same. Note: There is a note that states if you are using the lower holes that the rear left side frame tab needs to be trimmed for steering rack clearance.