BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coupes already built

Post Thanks / Like

Coupes already built

If this isn't the right forum please move it.

Now I got the money for Coupe kit, engine, etc but no time or space since current project is dragging on a lot longer than I thought. Just for s/g I was looking at ones already built. I would expect them to be in the 60k range or up depending who built and so on. Here's my question. I see some in the range 20k or less even like 12k. This confuses me. That's a fraction of what the kit/parts would cost before putting it together, so something seems odd. The only thing I can think of is, it's click-bait (I never followed up on any), or, something really wrong with the build, or, if they are titled -not- as a 1965 then they could fall under inspection rules for later cars meaning they need bumpers and emissions and so on so you wouldn't be able to register it. Or the people got in a money bind and are just looking to recoup something. Anyway it didn't make any sense to me so if anyone can shed and light on this I'd appreciate it. You can see some here https://cars.trovit.com/used-cars/fa...-daytona-coupe
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure all those ads are scams. Bring a trailer gets some Coupes sometimes. That site will give you some idea of what a used one sells for. Lots of variables though. Have you considered having one built for you the way you want it? Myself and other builders would gladly walk you through the process to see if its right for you.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't explain the link you provided. Suspect some are scams as Mike suggested. A decent Factory Five Gen 1 or Gen 2 build is going to be $50 - 60K and up. A Gen 3 (a complete redesign with significant improvements) will be even more. Often hitting six figures. Especially if a high end build, well equipped, IRS, etc. There are deals to be had. But I'd be wary of listings less than these general ranges. There aren't nearly as many Coupes out there as Roadsters and generally they bring good money. I pay attention because I have one. We love it. Not for sale at any price.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.