Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Look at what a friend of mine just got

Post Thanks / Like

Look at what a friend of mine just got

He just got it a couple of days ago from Texas. Anyone know anything about it? He has some info, basically just what is in the Bring a Trailer add. Looks like a high quality build to me.

shawn daytona 1.jpgshawn daytona 2.jpgshawn daytona 3.jpgshawn daytona 4.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I can tell that it's a Gen1.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume this is Nik's new car?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am building a GEN 3 for the original owner of that car. I will see if I can get him to reach out.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike.

I was actually the second owner of the car for about 3 years in Colorado. The original owner/builder was Gary Zoch out of Florida, near Daytona was finished with number 7 decals rather than 5. He was a retired aircraft mechanic if I recall correctly and did a great job building that car.

I sold it to Ven Shenoy in Austin. Ven is a great guy and true car guy. We still text to this day about cars/family. After he took possession he did a nice refresh to it. I believe engine was rebuilt and exhaust coated, bits were looked over. Took quite a bit of time from when he sent it out to once it was complete.

Overall- I think you got a good one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shawn of Danville Ca bought it. A really great guy! It's in good hands now. He has a Bring a Trailer addiction. He's adding it to his collection of over 80 vehicles. His collection is very diverse and eclectic from American Muscle to Ferrari and Porsche street and race cars. VW 21 window to Hummer H1. 1935 Riley race car (if you Google it, number 8 is his) to amusement park bumper car. The Daytona is a perfect fit.

I don't expect Shawn to join our forum. If he tried to keep up on the forums for all the different car's he owns... He's not a FFR guy per say, but I did show him the secret handshake. If you previous owners wish to share your contact info with Shawn, DM me and I'll pass it on. He'd like to know more about the car's history.

Now our Danville Friday morning C&C includes a couple of FFR Cobra's, a GTM, a Daytona (although we never know what Shawn will bring) and my 818.

Come on out to our Friday morning Danville C&C. The Cobra Experience is 20 minutes away.
    https://cobraexperience.org/
    Last edited by Dave 53; 12-23-2023 at 04:42 PM.