Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR Roadster MK I-MK II timeline

Post Thanks / Like

FFR Roadster MK I-MK II timeline

So, I make an innocent post on a current BAT auction advising both the seller and BAT that the FFR roadster being auctioned off, built in the year 2000, cannot be a FFR MK II because the first FFR MK II was produced in May of 2002.

Seller states he sent a picture to FFR and got a response by someone named "Dan" who states the car is a MK II.

So, my question is, how can a MK II be produced 2 year prior to it's actual introduction? Is there a hidden flux capacitor I can't see?

I'd like to respond, I actually tried to, yet it now appears all of my posts (ALL, not just the auction in question) are being "reviewed by BAT", some kind of double secret probation I guess.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/fa...2-roadster-18/

Anyone else want to take a stab at this one?
    My data has been confirmed by Dave Smith, also, give or take a few weeks time difference, in an article from back in 2011 at Motortrend:
    https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ical-timeline/

Even the previous seller knows this to be true (our conversation on his old auction of the same car)

Sigh

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what “Dan” saw in the photos that he would confirm this car is a MkII?
    I don’t see any of your comments marked in any way, but not sure if I would and what it would look like.
    Your comments look like everyone else’s comments.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburger View Post
    I wonder what “Dan” saw in the photos that he would confirm this car is a MkII?
    I don’t see any of your comments marked in any way, but not sure if I would and what it would look like.
    Your comments look like everyone else’s comments.
    I responded to the "Dan" comment, and at the bottom of my post it states it is awaiting review.
    Went to another car someone asked me to look at for them to ask a question, and that too is now awaiting review by BAT staff before it can be posted.

Wondering what I did to be placed on double, secret probation.

Bill S.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    A little more history on the car in question:
    BATcobra-history.jpg
    BATcobra-history2.jpg

Does not seem to me at least that a car built before May 2002 could possibly be a MK II

What say you?

Bill S.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post

Does not seem to me at least that a car built before May 2002 could possibly be a MK II

What say you?
    Only a little before May…I built John Phillips’ #3422 with him which was delivered on 3/19/02. It was a full blown Mk2 with all of the features; backbone, dropped driver and passenger foot boxes with crash bars, revised UCA mounts, curved trunk bar. Not a 1.5 “tweener.” It was however a gift from Dave Smith to John following the loss of John’s beloved #1152 in a garage fire and as such may well have preceded the actual release of the regular production Mk2 by a few weeks. All that said, a car built in 2000 is definitely not a Mk2

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Your timeline is correct. Visually the Mark 1 had no backbone and footbox tube protection. Mark 1.5 had footbox tubes but no backbone when the mark 2 had both. These should be seen in pics posted in the adds.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered my MK II on 4/9/02. The certificate of origin for a vehicle shows it was issued on 4/17/02. So, I don't know when the first MK II was made, but mine was made before May of '02... and mine is definitely a MK II.