Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Coupe 65 Windshield Weatherstrip Material

Post Thanks / Like

Coupe 65 Windshield Weatherstrip Material

The Coupe 65 Gen 3 Manual calls out a 409 T 102 Weatherstrip material for use around the windshield after it is glued into position. FFR Parts does not recognize that number. Does anyone know what this product is and where it can be purchased? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not familiar with that part number, even though it's in the build manual. Based on multiple forum entries, I used Flexline UM1913BR 19mm Windshield Auto Glass Universal Molding Flexible Trim Rubber. Available on Amazon and maybe elsewhere.

I have a couple comments about it after installing it and later having to remove and replace my Coupe windshield thanks to a not very nice Michigan highway rock. I do like the looks of it. Looks more finished IMO. But it does make the installation very tight. My first try went down very well. My second time not quite as good. Once you install with the trim rubber, you're pretty much committed to it for the life of the car. The adhesive gets down into the pinch weld and I doubt you could get it out without damage which would be visible if re-installed without the trim rubber. Finally, it makes the windshield very hard to get out should that ever be necessary like happened to me. It has to be trimmed away so that the wire used to cut the windshield urethane adhesive can do its job.

Would I use it again on another build? Probably. But I could go either way.
    Last edited by edwardb; 01-02-2024 at 08:11 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

3. Thanks JimV thanked for this post
    Likes JimStone, RonSchofield liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My installer uses the same Flexline molding that Paul references. It makes for a nice OEM looking finished appearance.

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Thanks JimV thanked for this post