Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Walbro GSS340GS Polarity

Post Thanks / Like

Walbro GSS340GS Polarity

I am getting ready to install my Pro-M hanger and GSS340GS fuel pump. My pump didn't come with a pigtail wire harness, so I'll be connecting the pump to the hanger with the two wires already installed in the hanger that have spade connectors on them. But the spades on the top of the pump aren't labeled, so I want to make sure I have this right. I think, after looking at pics of the harness connector that should come with the pump, and after connecting mine to a battery briefly, that the polarity is as my pic shows. Sorry for the blurry photo.

When I reverse the polarity, the pump runs, but is noticeably louder, so I think I have it right. I might have run it on the battery for a total of 3 seconds.

Thanks,

Greg

Fuel Pump.jpg
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to be careful, I once connected the battery backwards in my car. The horn sucked and the radio listened
    My build thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Roadster-Build

Thread on Stainless Steel AN brake lines.

Thread on fasteners and torque wrenches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hah! That's no bueno! I think I have it wired correctly, but would appreciate confirmation from someone who's been there, done that.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Put it in a small cup of gas, have a short hose on the outlet. Add power, if it's correct it'll quickly empty the cup, it won't pump if wire in reverse
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    Put it in a small cup of gas, have a short hose on the outlet. Add power, if it's correct it'll quickly empty the cup, it won't pump if wire in reverse
    Yep, that is my next test if no one can confirm polarity. Thanks!