Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Thin Stripes on Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Thin Stripes on Coupe

So I'm trying to come up with the paint scheme for my coupe. I'm strongly leaning toward a recreation/tribute to the 1964 Le Mans version of CSX 2299. Viking/Princess Blue with the thin stripes. I have scoured the forum and the internet, and I cannot find any references as to the dimensions of these stripes. They look roughly half as wide as the thicker stripes. 3.5 inches? 4 inches? How far apart? Anybody know the answer? Thanks for the help.

Drew

daytona.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    No hits, huh? Well, I don't feel so bad that I couldn't find the answer, either. I'll play around with different widths and see what looks right. Maybe the whole thing, both stripes and the space in between is 7-8 inches. I'll post if I figure it out. Meanwhile, if anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

By the way, I have my BAR appointment coming up on Jan 22 to complete my SB100 certificate. Last hurdle before legal in CA.

Thanks,
    Drew

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great paint scheme and color. I agree that the stripes look to be 3 inches and the gap twice that. As you say, play around with it and see what looks right - I expect that is what they did with the original.

4. Likes drewr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We know that the headlights are 7” diameter so using that as a reference the white stripes look to be about half that; maybe 3 1/2” or 4”? The center appears to be less than 2X the stripe width so 5”-6”???

Yeah, play with it and see what looks right

Jeff

6. Thanks drewr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    On my car I bought some striping tape to bend around corners and then taped paper between the stripes and just played with it to get what I ended up with for the final layout. Plus it's fun doing the what if.
    FFR #4402 MKII Supercharged 308 445 RWHP Sterling Grey W/ Black Sapphire Stripes, Purchase 8/22/2008 Sold 12/04/2018
    FFR #8249 MK IV "Milano" Kit purchased 10/5/2018 - In-Process with 3.27 IRS, Multiport, Fuel Injected Supercharged 347 Big bore with Coil On Plug running Holley HP engine management, 576 RWHP, 510 Torque
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?29980 Milano thread

8. Likes drewr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could always buy a 1:18 scale diecast Daytona ($75, give or take) and play with paint or tape or vinyl to see what looks right.
    Rob Windsor