BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heated/Ventilated seats

Post Thanks / Like

Heated/Ventilated seats

Does anyone know where Forma Cars sources their heated ventilated seats from? I see heated seats in a lot of builds, but the ventilated would be nice too.
    Complete Kit, Gen 2 Coyote w/Gen 3 Intake, and 3.55 IRS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it might be their design. Give them a call. They are awesome builders.
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Post Thanks / Like
    In a Coupe I would not worry about heated seats, ventilated would be good. I don't think I have ever used the heater, even with good insulation it is always warm inside.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdonnel View Post
    I think it might be their design. Give them a call. They are awesome builders.
    I wrote them on their contact us sheet. They painted my Roadster, great guys. Haven't heard back. They have a lot of nice interior upgrades, especially their dashboard, breaks up the flat dash look with the cut outs. I also like their transmission shifter adapter if I wanted to use the standard 6 speed that came with my gen 3 coyote.
    Complete Kit, Gen 2 Coyote w/Gen 3 Intake, and 3.55 IRS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd assume FormaCars do them custom vs. sourcing them. I've only seen two other builds from the Factory Five Builder page on Facebook that were able to add ventilation to the FFR low-back seats (for Roadster, not the '65 Coupe). One used the Katzkin Degreez cooling unit but there are knockoffs out there much cheaper (LIKE THIS). To get it to work, they had to cut the steel frame in the seat pan and place the blowers and control box. Then they reinforced the seat pan by welding on a steel plate to add the strength back in. Then they had to replace some of the foam in the seat pan and seat back with one that allows more airflow through it, then reupholstered with custom leather and added perforations. It was quite the process. This link has some pictures of the entire process.

I looked extensively for any options to add cooling to the seats, but didn't find anything that didn't require a lot of work. I'm in Texas where Summer temps are above 100F so it would be great. I have custom Stoneleigh seats from Intatrim which are high-back (for added safety). They have heating pads, but Intatrim said this seat isn't thick enough to fit the ventilation components.
    Last edited by dbo_texas; 01-11-2024 at 02:40 PM.
    Darryl [dbo_texas]
    MKIV #9644 (build thread) (Index)
    MK4 Complete Kit | Gen2 crate Coyote | Tremec T56, 3.55 IRS | power steering | hydroboost | dual roll bars | FFR carbon fiber dash | 18" Halibrands + Wilwoods | RT drop trunk kit & turn signal | front battery mount | saddle leather Intatrim Stoneleigh seats + interior accents

Post Thanks / Like
    I have plans of adding it to my Sparco Grid Q seats and hooking it up to the blower to pump heat and AC into the seats. I have only just started on this, as I have been focused on getting the rest of the car built. I got some spacer mesh, which car manufacturers use for ventilated seats, and plan on making a ducting system with it to go under the upholstery. It will.be a fair amount of work, but hopefully will provide some heating and cooling.
    Screenshot_20240111_171402_Chrome.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    We have heated and ventilated seats in our Lincoln SUV. While they're nice, I guess, I only see them as an incremental improvement over a properly working regular A/C system. Not something I'd break the bank over or spend a lot of time with to be honest. Also keep in mind unless you're doing something different than the Factory Five A/C option for the Gen 3 Coupe, there isn't an excess of cooling capacity there. In our experience, it gets the job done. But it's not going to freeze you out. Especially in a hotter climate than we have here in Michigan.

We do have heated seats in our Coupe. Was an option when I ordered the Corbeau seats. I'm not a huge fan. But my better half loves it. So there you go.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.