Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ***Super Lite / Race Car Replicas GTR - Ford GT For Sale***

Post Thanks / Like

***Super Lite / Race Car Replicas GTR - Ford GT For Sale***

I'm going to keep the ad as brief as possible and interested parties, able to purchase, can reach out and discuss in more detail. PLEASE do not reach out if you're not able to pay for the car, in full, without needing to finance. No in house financing. Open to certain trades. First picture is a completed car, the rest are obviously the current state of the car. Here are the main details of the car:

This is a Super Lite Cars GTR delivered in April of 2023, two years plus to build. It is a custom chassis car based off the 2004 to 2006 Ford GT. It is MUCH lighter, wider and will be titled as an SB100 and sold with a certificate of origin, meaning your smog requirement is a PVC Valve. The full build sheet is available, but I'll just mention the big ticket items. A full build sheet, including pricing is available to qualified, interested parties. This build is not for the faint of heart. ALL parts for this car BRAND NEW.

Full Specs from SLC: http://www.superlitecars.com/gtr/

Full composite body
    Full Aluminum Frame and billet construction
    QA1 Fully adjustable suspension
    Audi R8/Gallardo Graziano 6 Speed manual transmission with billet gated shifter
    Full Carbon interior including tub, roof and seats
    Brand New Ford Racing Aluminator XS engine, control pack and all supporting electronics:
    https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-A52XS (link to engine)
    Brand New R8 V10 plus clutch completion kit with dual mass flywheel for OEM like ease of driving
    Signature Wheels Custom Monoblock Wheels: 19x10 front and 20x13+ rears
    Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires at all 4 corners
    All glass, dash and items to complete the build. All glass is DOT legal
    Vintage Air AC
    Full Custom clutch, brake and master, all fully adjustable
    All gauges and electronics
    The car is COMPLETE, but requires drivetrain and hydraulic assembly, as well as electronics and tuning for the engine.

Asking $125k FIRM or $100K without the engine. Shipping can be arranged or negotiated in. I have over $135K in this build plus flights out, shipping, taxes, and a stupid plethora of extras. The wait time to build this car is about 2 years, give or take. Want one NOW to start on? Here's your chance! A few parts are still incoming, but this car is a COMPLETE car only requiring the final fitment, assembly, paint.

Trades: exotics and rare vehicles EQUAL TO OR GREATER than the asking price of the car, unless you have the cash to make up the difference between your car and my build. I am also willing to ADD money on my end for the right exotic. I am not interested in older classic cars unless they are extremely rare or custom built and the value can be verified, as mine can. I'm not a complete *******, so if you're not sure, you're welcome to ask, but I have something very few people have and money doesn't make these come faster, unless you buy mine. Pains me to list it, but I simply no longer have the time to work on it since it took so long to get here. Please TEXT ONLY Mon-Friday 9-6. If you'd like a return call just let me know. Thanks for looking!

My contact info is: Brian @ 707-220-3500 or [email protected]. Also @madd_wrapps on instagram. Video walk around and facetime on request

Superlite_001.jpgSuperlite_002.jpgSuperlite_003.jpgSuperlite_004.jpgSuperlite_005.jpg
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2022 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    bump
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2022 RS6, E46 LS3 M3

Post Thanks / Like
    bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Bumpy bumperton

Post Thanks / Like
    This is an available RCR GT40 as well, with a creative engine/drive alternative:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26669669565...Bk9SR6iJ0bK_Yw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_MEgXhrBNU

jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J R Jones View Post
    This is an available RCR GT40 as well, with a creative engine/drive alternative:

jim
    That's very cool! Great way to shave cost and have something insane! I'm open to selling my kit without the $26,000 motor I bought to save some one some money... mine also has a carbon fiber interior, and a lot more. LOVE the color on that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.

Post Thanks / Like

jim
    NOT a RCR GT40 btw...
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
    NOT a RCR GT40 btw...
    James,
    Perhaps I was duped by the replica listings. The ebay motors post and the Exotic Car Trader Automotive Marketplace list this replica as an RCR car. Indeed the published VIN is RCRGTR22718090718.
    I have worked on an RCR GT40 replica and an RCR P4 replica (same chassis). I am familiar with the proprietary bits but I can not see them in any of the advertising. I assume that the rear suspension is not as much RCR as Nissan GTR.
    If the owner is plagerizing, I expect RCR will protest or sue. Fran Hall is not an easy going fellow.
    jim

Post Thanks / Like
    James,
    Perhaps I was duped by the replica listings. The ebay motors post and the Exotic Car Trader Automotive Marketplace list this replica as an RCR car. Indeed the published VIN is RCRGTR22718090718.
    I have worked on an RCR GT40 replica and an RCR P4 replica (same chassis). I am familiar with the proprietary bits but I can not see them in any of the advertising. I assume that the rear suspension is not as much RCR as Nissan GTR.
    If the owner is plagerizing, I expect RCR will protest or sue. Fran Hall is not an easy going fellow.
    jim
    That list was an RCR GTR. Well documented build on another forum. Maybe you’re confusing the RCR GTR and GT40. Two different cars by superlite/RCR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbl7td View Post
    That list was an RCR GTR. Well documented build on another forum. Maybe you’re confusing the RCR GTR and GT40. Two different cars by superlite/RCR.
    That is an enlightening observation, the car only looks like a GT40, so I made a rash assumption. As I stated previously I have worked on two RCR cars and nothing about the chassis resembles a GT40. In this case, neither does the engine. I did crew and drive a GT40 MKIV for my point of reference.
    jim

GT40 rides (2).jpg

GT40 ride2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    That is an enlightening observation, the car only looks like a GT40, so I made a rash assumption. As I stated previously I have worked on two RCR cars and nothing about the chassis resembles a GT40. In this case, neither does the engine. I did crew and drive a GT40 MKIV for my point of reference.
    jim

GT40 rides (2).jpg

GT40 ride2.jpg
    JR - you're confusing two cars from the same company. The car online is similar to mine, a Super Lite GT-R. Their sister company, Race Car Replicas (RCR) makes the RCR40 as well, pics below. It's very very similar to the original. The GT-R is a custom chassis version of the 04-06 Ford GT (as my ad states, not the GT40). The GT40 and RCR40 are awesome as well.

RCR40_02.jpg

RCR40_01.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    TBB, I get it, your replica is of the 04-06 car, I did not pay enough attention to see that. I have a customer with #17 of the Ford GT cars. The originals have extraordinary technology in the chassis. Carbon fiber tub with roll cage and cast aluminum side panels bonded to the tub to mount suspension and other bits: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...upercar-facts/

FWIW the GT40 MK I through MK III were a steel unitized tub with steel space frames and cage. Fiberglass body.
    The MK IV was aluminum honeycomb panels cut from sheet, riveted and bonded together with steel space frames. Fiberglass body.

The RCR GT40 a buddy is building is an aluminum box (0.25in?) with a rear space frame. The front suspension/steering is bolted to the tub with a steel tube "U" inside for reinforcement. There is an access panel in front to get at the cockpit assemblies. The downside IMO is that the aluminum box is so wide that the control arms are short, compromising the original geometry.

Another buddy bought an RCR Ferrari P4 replica. It appears to have the GT 40 aluminum box, space frame, and suspension/steering.
    The fiberglass body is one piece with doors and hoods. The aluminum box was inserted from the rear and the roll cage welded in place. Chris's first objective was to reconfigure the control station from left to the (original) right side. He could not remove the cockpit access panel because of the body configuration. That required cutting the roll bar support tubes to allow the aluminum box to be removed.
    Body originality became another objective. The P4 had seven(?) body panels so Chris cut his one-piece body accordingly and fabricated the necessary lap seams.

Not obvious to most enthusiasts is how big the Ford GT is compared the original GT40. We staged a photo with Ford GT cars at Elkhart Lake attached.
    jim

UGT-40#71.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    TBB, I get it, your replica is of the 04-06 car, I did not pay enough attention to see that. I have a customer with #17 of the Ford GT cars. The originals have extraordinary technology in the chassis. Carbon fiber tub with roll cage and cast aluminum side panels bonded to the tub to mount suspension and other bits: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...upercar-facts/

FWIW the GT40 MK I through MK III were a steel unitized tub with steel space frames and cage. Fiberglass body.
    The MK IV was aluminum honeycomb panels cut from sheet, riveted and bonded together with steel space frames. Fiberglass body.

The RCR GT40 a buddy is building is an aluminum box (0.25in?) with a rear space frame. The front suspension/steering is bolted to the tub with a steel tube "U" inside for reinforcement. There is an access panel in front to get at the cockpit assemblies. The downside IMO is that the aluminum box is so wide that the control arms are short, compromising the original geometry.

Another buddy bought an RCR Ferrari P4 replica. It appears to have the GT 40 aluminum box, space frame, and suspension/steering.
    The fiberglass body is one piece with doors and hoods. The aluminum box was inserted from the rear and the roll cage welded in place. Chris's first objective was to reconfigure the control station from left to the (original) right side. He could not remove the cockpit access panel because of the body configuration. That required cutting the roll bar support tubes to allow the aluminum box to be removed.
    Body originality became another objective. The P4 had seven(?) body panels so Chris cut his one-piece body accordingly and fabricated the necessary lap seams.

Not obvious to most enthusiasts is how big the Ford GT is compared the original GT40. We staged a photo with Ford GT cars at Elkhart Lake attached.
    jim

UGT-40#71.jpg

That's wild! Not surprising the original racecar is so minimalistic, but the comparison is daunting! Thanks for the reply, and thanks for sharing!

15. Thanks J R Jones thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    TBB, I was misleading again. Google gave me the tech on the latest Ford GT which is a tech upgrade from the 04-06 Ford GT. Not that the 04-06 is a slouch, it has an aluminum unitized chassis.
    https://aec.org/sites/default/files/...FrdGTfinal.pdf
    Actually it is more than extrusions, there are castings and hydro-formed bits too.

Chevrolet has been making the Corvette chassis more aluminum since the C5, and the C8 is primarilly aluminum.
    jim

Post Thanks / Like
    There's so much chassis technology in the Vette, most people have no idea how advanced they really are. They really are impressive, just no longer very affordable. I'm excited for the new ZR1... I think I shot myself in the foot not ordering a Z06 but I'm going to twist some one's arm for an allocation if I can... LOL!