Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Location of MKIII rear frame cross member vs. MKIV

Post Thanks / Like

Location of MKIII rear frame cross member vs. MKIV

Does anyone know if the rear frame cross member on a MKIII is in the same position as a MKIV?
    FFR6682 - received 7/30/08 - MK 3.1 complete kit, Forte built Ford Racing BOSS 427W(475HP/500lbs), TKO600, Power steering, Power Brakes, Hydraulic Clutch, VPM Front/Rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, SAI mod, 13"Front/11.65"Rear Mustang Cobra rotors w/calipers, NITTO NT05s - 255/40R17-Front, 315/35R17-rear,3.55 IRS.
    Visit my Blog: http://crawleyscobra.wordpress.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If your car has the bolt in trans mount then yes. Pretty sure they are in the same spot.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,
    Yes mine has the bolt in trans mount.

Thanks that answered my question.
    FFR6682 - received 7/30/08 - MK 3.1 complete kit, Forte built Ford Racing BOSS 427W(475HP/500lbs), TKO600, Power steering, Power Brakes, Hydraulic Clutch, VPM Front/Rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, SAI mod, 13"Front/11.65"Rear Mustang Cobra rotors w/calipers, NITTO NT05s - 255/40R17-Front, 315/35R17-rear,3.55 IRS.
    Visit my Blog: http://crawleyscobra.wordpress.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    If your car has the bolt in trans mount then yes. Pretty sure they are in the same spot.
    Mike
    We'll check this new MKIII project soon and it may need to repair the rust in the cross member. There's a good amount of rust but hope it's not that bad. Got to finish mounting the new tires and dually wheels on the F250 before we can clear a spot for the MKIII in the garage.