Quote Originally Posted by Alan_C View Post
Although some States let you title the car as a 65-66, most have you title with the year of finished construction such as California. Trying to convince a DMV clerk to title the car as a 65-66 can result in legal problems down the road. Learn and know the rules for titling specially constructed vehicles in your State. Robbin at Midwest Insurance is your best bet for insuring your car for the first year. He knows his stuff and will place you with the best match for an insurance company. If you build a very high HP car, insurance becomes problematic. Many carriers then want racing experience or at least a ownership history of high HP cars to make sure you are safe behind the wheel.
It's crazy how the states all do it completely opposite of each other. Here in New Hampshire their law/rule is it is titled/registered as the model year that it replicates. So, I'm titled as a 1965 Shelby Cobra, I have classic license plates, and after next year I don't even need an inspection any more. Up to now I only needed inspection once every 2 years (cars over 40 years), but at 60 years in New Hampshire the inspection is no longer needed at all.