Quote Originally Posted by JK 23112 View Post

I am curious about windshield wipers. I see some kit cars don't have them. Sure, you don't buy these to drive during inclement weather.............but how do you pass state inspection without them? I also see that the FFR cars lack backup lights - which are probably necessary in most states that require annual inspections. In Virginia, we have to mount a front license plate. Do these cars come with a bracket for that? They look ugly, but the cops will stop you for not displaying one.

Something else I am curious about is one of the competitors to Factory Five called Superformance. They have a different kind of way they sell cars - complete except for the drivetrain and through a network of dealerships. Do any of you have experience with them or know somebody who owns one? I didn't see any prices on their web site, though. Just curious.
I installed wipers on my MK4 and made them work properly for the 2nd owner. Many will tell you the best wipers is the use of Rain-X on the windshield. The Rain-X makes the water sheet off so much better. A good thing to do with or without working wipers installed.
Until you get to the better kits like the Kirkham, there is little competition. Check out some of the comparison threads between the Superformance frame/chassis to that of the MK4, just no comparison.