Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Securing ignition switch left of steering wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Securing ignition switch left of steering wheel

I am think about moving my ignition switch from the center of the dash to the left side of the steering wheel. I have the padded dash with the cutouts. I am trying to figure out the best place to put the switch. The dash seems kind of flimsy at the part where it starts to curve. Are people putting some sort of backing plate to make it more sturdy. Any pics or dimensions of how far to put the switch from the speedo/tach ? Thanks
    Last edited by Legendary; 02-01-2024 at 02:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So you see an advantage in moving the switch? The switch provided by FFR is larger than most dash switches, so make sure you have enough room for it.
    The end of my dash is held by an L bracket to the frame, so it is quite solid at the curve.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just not crazy about having the switch in the middle of the dash. Kind of clutters it up in my opinion. So wanted it off to the side. I have seen some people do it but don't have any details on how they did it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not there quite yet but I also like the left side and I'm sure there are many others here that have done it. My dash is thicker than what FFR supplies but yours still should be ok IMO.
    MK4 Build In Progress - Carb 331 Stroker, T5, 355, 15's, Pwr Brakes & Steering
    Build Page https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Canadian-Build