Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Mark 1 Upper Control Arm Upgrade ??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have the alignment process down. You are exactly right in that as you get closer you make smaller changes. A hint. I leave the jam nuts loose at the beginning, but as I get closer I start tightening them after each change. Not very tight, just a light push on the wrench. I found that if I tightened them only after the last adjustment, the nuts will very slightly change the length of the arm. Also depending how your day goes, it can get really painful to exactly match both sides. Sometimes I will leave the right side caster 1/8-1/4deg higher than the left. This will help counter the crown in the road causing the car to drift to the right. Same for camber, an extra 1/8deg of - camber on the right is fine. BTW I just looked at your pic and see your impact wrench w/ socket. Get yourself a torque stick and never need to torque lug nuts again.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/GEARWREN...9650/327141221
    You can get them individually to so order either 80 or 100#. They are also available w/ the socket built in but I find them limiting on some wheels because the socket is a larger diameter than will fit some styles.
    Last edited by CraigS; 04-07-2024 at 07:45 AM.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.