BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Paint shops in the Seattle / Everett area

Post Thanks / Like

Paint shops in the Seattle / Everett area

Im working on a build of a FFR MK IV Roadster, Im looking for a paint shop to do a good job as I've decided to have it painted black. Been told that is a bid more difficult color to do. Has anyone in the area had their car painted recently that will pass on a recommendation to me.

Many thanks to all and hope to see you out on the road soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt have much luck with paint shops in the area (Puyallup /Tacoma). I visited a half dozen and talked with a few more. The shops I talked to were either booked out many many months or were collision repair shops and not wanting to do custom paint. Or worse quoted 400+ hours. I’m sure they would have done a great job but I wasn’t planning on a $40k paint job for my car. After visiting Ken’s Custom it was an easy decision to trailer the car to CA. Nothing like working with a painter who’s painted dozens of these cars with great success.
    MK4 Complete Kit. Gen3 Coyote, TKX, IRS. Wilwoods, Forgeline Wheels.
    Ordered 11/29/21. Kit received 8/18/22. First start 6/22/23.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple custom shops in PDX I was going to look into when I am at that point. I have already talked to them last year, i shop the guy had done some past cobra's that required a lot of Fiberglass to the frame so he was interested in seeing the FF version. Would be nice if there was a shop in the NW that would do good for a reasonable price on these.
    MK IV Delivered June 27, 2023 Build Thread-https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?46069-Lance-s-Roadster-Build-Thread-Starting-the-Al-panel-slog

"Build a Car" They Said "It Will Be Fun "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by F500guy View Post
    …i shop the guy had done some past cobra's that required a lot of Fiberglass to the frame so he was interested in seeing the FF version. Would be nice if there was a shop in the NW that would do good for a reasonable price on these.
    Do you really want to be that guy’s guinea pig? Just take it to Ken and be done with it.

Jeff

5. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much for the comments on painting. I just retired from being an industrial paint rep for 40 years and oh do I know that guys paint jobs. I sent a not to Kens Custom and will follow up on that next week.
    thanks
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    What Jeff said... Definitely better to have someone do it that's familiar with FFR kits.

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition