Parts are still arriving daily. Looks like I'll be driving out to Wareham just before Memorial day to pick up my coupe. Put some feelers out for an engine and ended up buying a "donor" engine from D-Mark performance here in Chicago area. It's a gen 2 coyote with around 12K miles on it. The previous owner wanted a 1000+HP monster built so they did a forged/sleeved block with performance heads. They used his existing engine as a donor to all the parts. I bought what was left over. Did inventory and much parts needed but in the end I will get a low mileage gen 2 with upgraded parts. Actually having fun going through all the engine schematics/service manuals to get the hardware and parts. Picked up the engine yesterday and got it on the engine stand.

Pulled out the micro camera and took a inspection peek in the cylinders. A little carbon build up and the cylinder walls look really good.

Opened up my new oil pump and replaced with a boundary OPG. My son and I did a quick experiment dropping the gear and was surprised to see that it does snap with a drop. 2 drops and it snapped in half. I didn't swap this gear on my roadster engine. I know this has been debated in many forums but as long as I'm rebuilding this engine and it's open, why not swap...