Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alpine CA MK4 Complete kit ordered

Post Thanks / Like

Alpine CA MK4 Complete kit ordered

Hello All,

Ordered the MK4 complete kit in January. Wire transfer a week ago. Completion date is stated as 3/2/2024.

We're in Alpine Ca, a suburb of San Diego. The build is going to be pretty straight forward for a plethora of reasons, not the least of which is that I want to keep it as simple and brief as possible. Another is that I don't want a luxury car, I have a Benz for that. I want a race car for the street. It is going to be pretty raw and basic.

I've had a 1965 289 block rattling around here for years, and it's in the capable hands of Arce Racing Engines. They're building it up with AFR heads, forged rotating assembly and roller rocker cam. He's estimating somewhere in the 350hp range, setup for daily driver - not track work. It's San Diego, and they advertise around 300 drivable days a year here. (not so much lately).

This will be the first of this kind of mechanical challenge that I've tackled. I've been a backyard mechanic for decades, and know some stuff and I know that there's a whole lot more I don't know....

I've been lurking around these forums for years, and see the immense value of the vast information and experience represented here. I hope to make use of as much of that as you'll allow.
    If any of those in this area of SoCal who have been through this journey are available, please send me some contact information. I'll take all the help I can get.

Looking forward to Stewart Transportation's arrival!

Thanks!

Jerry Lindsey

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard! It a great journey. I'm in Nor Cal, but I will be in Newport Coast in June or July with my Cobra.... Maybe we'll connect.
    #10333 Complete Kit, Carbed 427w, TKX, IRS and many other upgrades

• Order Date: September 11, 2021 - 20th Anniversary of 9/11
    • Delivery Day: April 1, 2022 - April Fool's Day
    • First Start and Go-Kart: January 20th, 2023
    • Graduation Date: July 4th, 2023 - Independence Day!!
    • Legal Registration Date: October 4, 2023 - My Birthday!!

Visit my MKIV Build Thread (#10333)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Ted. We'll see how far I get by then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff! Welcome and enjoy the community

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Roger.