Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  51

Thread: A different way to vent the footbox

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    AA-ron
    Thanks for all that you have posted. I watched all your You Tube Vids. Twice!! I will be using your new vent system with a bit of a twist. Where you angle the 1x4 duct behind the seat, I plan to run it straight through the aluminum back wall then make an adapter to join a 3" flexible aircraft grade scat tube up through the trunk floor then a 90' turn into the blower then an intake short tube connected to the cubbie side wall. So the intake will be though the cubbie side wall....into the blower....down through the upper trunk floor connecting to the 1x4 behind the seat. There is ample room for the flex duct. My seat position will be all the way back as far as it will go, so moving the blowers and hence the intake up to the cubby will take the blowers out of the cockpit. When I start the rear cockpit aluminum I'll be fabing this plan up. I'll keep you all posted if it works or is a bust.
    Allyn...aka Rebostar

2. Likes gburchett liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebostar View Post
    AA-ron
    Thanks for all that you have posted. I watched all your You Tube Vids. Twice!! I will be using your new vent system with a bit of a twist. Where you angle the 1x4 duct behind the seat, I plan to run it straight through the aluminum back wall then make an adapter to join a 3" flexible aircraft grade scat tube up through the trunk floor then a 90' turn into the blower then an intake short tube connected to the cubbie side wall. So the intake will be though the cubbie side wall....into the blower....down through the upper trunk floor connecting to the 1x4 behind the seat. There is ample room for the flex duct. My seat position will be all the way back as far as it will go, so moving the blowers and hence the intake up to the cubby will take the blowers out of the cockpit. When I start the rear cockpit aluminum I'll be fabing this plan up. I'll keep you all posted if it works or is a bust.
    Allyn...aka Rebostar
    I actually have my seats all the way back and still had room for the fan and to make the corner with the 1 x 4". However, I really like your idea of moving the blowers out of the cockpit too. I will say, after driving it yesterday (very warm day here in Maine) I had the chance to flip the fans on to see if I could hear them, and I really didn't notice them running with the engine running. I was pleasantly surprised.
    Picked up kit 9/6/22. Complete Roadster Kit, IRS, 18" wheels, Forte 302, T5. First build. No auto mechanical experience and beyond excited to learn. Loaded with "Empty Nester" time and energy. Link to my build videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgX...uCWGcelzGecm1Q