Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  51
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A different way to vent the footbox

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRRT View Post
    If I am understanding your design correctly, the blower will be drawing air from inside the trunk. Where will makeup air be coming from?
    I thought about putting my heater core and blower in the trunk but couldn't come up with a good way to get air into the trunk without possibly drawing in water and road dirt.
    I like your idea!
    Jeff.
    Bewteen the seats I cut out a 5" x 12" opening (cubby) open to the outside air. The last pic the cardboard box simulates the "cubby" air will be drawn through the cubby side wall, through the vent blower ducted to the lower duct system. So "theoreticly" fresh air comes into the cubby via ram air, then the blowers move it down to the foot boxes.
    Allyn

2. Likes BRRT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so here is the results of the last few days installing the cubby, bilge blower and mounts. I welded nuts on the front side of the shoulder belt mounts so I could remove them with one hand. I also plan to use a close tolerance pip pin on the inner roll bar so I can remove it with one hand. With the cubby, fans, and duct work space is tight, but everything fits and I can access anything I need in the future from the rear without taking off the body. Next up will be the lower ducts.....stay tuned!

DSC02898.JPGDSC02900.JPGDSC02903.JPGDSC02908.JPGDSC02910.JPG

4. Likes BRRT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After getting my car back from paint the other day I was able to test fit the 3D printed duct I had made. I had to change the seat belt mounting bolt from a hex head to a button head for a little clearance but other than that it fit perfectly.

If anyone is interested in doing the same thing you can PM me your email address and I'll send you the step files and where to get them printed.
    My build thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Roadster-Build

Thread on Stainless Steel AN brake lines.

Thread on fasteners and torque wrenches.

6. Thanks SuperFlyBriBri thanked for this post
    Likes BRRT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRRT View Post
    If I am understanding your design correctly, the blower will be drawing air from inside the trunk. Where will makeup air be coming from?
    I thought about putting my heater core and blower in the trunk but couldn't come up with a good way to get air into the trunk without possibly drawing in water and road dirt.
    I like your idea!
    Actually, the fan is pulling air in from behind the seat. I figured the coolest air in and around these cars is in the cockpit. When the fan is running you can feel the draft pulling air in around the seat-- it's pretty cool.
    Picked up kit 9/6/22. Complete Roadster Kit, IRS, 18" wheels, Forte 302, T5. First build. No auto mechanical experience and beyond excited to learn. Loaded with "Empty Nester" time and energy. Link to my build videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgX...uCWGcelzGecm1Q

Post Thanks / Like
    I love how this idea has spawned all of these creative approaches! My original version looks so "childish" now
    Picked up kit 9/6/22. Complete Roadster Kit, IRS, 18" wheels, Forte 302, T5. First build. No auto mechanical experience and beyond excited to learn. Loaded with "Empty Nester" time and energy. Link to my build videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgX...uCWGcelzGecm1Q

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12