Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 35 Truck Fixed Tailgate

Post Thanks / Like

35 Truck Fixed Tailgate

I have decided to bolt my tailgate to the roll pan thus eliminating the hinges, chains, etc. I think iit looks much cleaner. The bed is only 4-1/2 inches deep so I don't think there is an issue with reducing functionality. I'm sure others have had the same thought. Does anyone have pictures of their fixed tailgate and a brief explanation of what they did to the roll pan and tailgate to get them to bolt together and look correct?

Thanks for any help. It doesn't seem like a real difficult modification, but don't want to plow new ground if someone else has already done so. Thanks again.

Jim Vangilder

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, I also was going to bolt the tailgate closed, but instead decided to hide the fuel fill and battery jumper connections behind the tailgate in the rear valance. DonS

Post Thanks / Like
    I bolted my tailgate closed and am very happy with the results. See description and pictures at post #17 under Greg’s Hot Rod Truck.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post483292

4. Thanks JimV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    DonS:

I really like this idea. Never thought of it. Thanks.

6. Likes Sbda4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, I'm probably stating the obvious, but if you incorporate DonS rear valence fuel fill (which is a great option I might add), you can't bolt the tailgate shut.

If you want to bolt the tailgate shut and don't want the fuel fill in the bed, check out me build thread post that shows how I made my fuel fill out the right side of the bed side. My build thread link in my signature.

Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...35-Truck-Build
    Brevard, NC