Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: A Video about my Gen 3 Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

A Video about my Gen 3 Coupe

Last Summer I was sitting in the Coupe at a grocery store parking lot waiting for my wife to get a couple of items when a man came up and started asking about the car, as happens all the time. He had been a movie producer and he now has a U Tube channel (fastrax Cars) with videos of cars from the Edmonton area. Later in the Summer he came over to my place and we spent most of the afternoon doing the shoot on both my Mkll and the Gen 3 Coupe. They were done using 2 I Phones on tripods but with this tech it looks like there was a camera crew.

This is a link to the Coupe video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BioNYBx1QjM&t=6s

and a link to the Mkll video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzC1ebC1FkQ&t=24s

On Fastrax cars you will see mostly videos of muscle cars but there is one about a scratch built aluminum body cobra that is also really cool.
    Hope you like them
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

2. Likes maclonchas, Peter Ross, Namrups, cunfewzed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great videos Dave. Love the headlights on your Coupe, where did you find those?

Post Thanks / Like
    8 coats of paint! Eight coats of clear!

Post Thanks / Like
    As posted above by Cincy123, very curious about the headlights.
    Nice video; great car.

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Nice video and great looking car! One question though, why did you make the hood opening so restricted?

For those asking about the headlights just go on Amazon and look for 7” LED head lights.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Williamson View Post
    Last Summer I was sitting in the Coupe at a grocery store parking lot waiting for my wife to get a couple of items when a man came up and started asking about the car, as happens all the time. He had been a movie producer and he now has a U Tube channel (fastrax Cars) with videos of cars from the Edmonton area. Later in the Summer he came over to my place and we spent most of the afternoon doing the shoot on both my Mkll and the Gen 3 Coupe. They were done using 2 I Phones on tripods but with this tech it looks like there was a camera crew.
    Dave - Great videos and love the color on your coupe. Question - what rear 3rd brake light did you use? that is very subtle and very cleanly done! Thanks for sharing these videos.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 3rd brake light is from Watson's Streetworks they call it a "flush mount skinny 3rd brake light" I planned to put it in the spoiler but it did not fit. But the body work to get it fitted was a pain. I can't find the details for the head lights but they are a LED Jeep after market part 7 inch round.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019