FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Serpant Express Trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Serpant Express Trailer

Good morning all!
    I was looking at the following trailer for my MK IV build and wondered about two things:
    1. What does the group think about this trailer?
    2. Does anyone own one they would be willing to sell?
    Web page: https://serpentexpress.com/home

Thanks all!!

Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    They are very popular, for all the reasons stated on the website. About 1/2 the price and 1/3 the weight of the average enclosed trailer.

The only downside is that the fabric will eventually wear out and develop leaks. When not in use, it needs to be covered.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Per their website the soft top version is no longer available and the hard top is now the only option. This obviously means that Bob's comment about the fabric wearing out and leaking is moot.

I have a soft top SE and love it! They show up for sale from time to time and usually go quickly.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one. It works great for the roadster. Perfect fit. I’m getting into a coupe build and that won’t fit. I plan to pick up the kit in May with it (will be a tight fit, ok for unpainted).

I’m considering selling mine to get something bigger. It’s a econo-trailer light weight steel with the serpent express top. Bought it a few years ago used and the original top was worn. Had a local boat canvas shop replace. Also new tires, wire wheeled and painted, new lights etc. stay tuned as I may post in the coming months.
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021