Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MkIV with MkIII Roll Bars

Post Thanks / Like

MkIV with MkIII Roll Bars

I have purchased a hardtop from 427 Hardtops Limited. They mention that the newer thinner MkIV bars won't work under that top. They mention using the Breeze bars. If I'm going to do all that, I really prefer the look of the 2" MkIII bars so I'll go that route. 'Hoping' that someone on here will have done EXACTLY this for this purpose but if not.. just inquiring about the process to use the thicker bars. I know that the body openings will have to be modified which isn't an issue. I guess I should ask first if the thicker bars are even still available to purchase or if I'll have to have some made?
    MkIV Complete - Dart 427/TKX/Sniper II/IRS from Forte

Post Thanks / Like
    The 2" bars are still available however they'll have the same interference with the 427 hardtop as the 1 1/2" bars. If you cut them down to fit under the top the 2 forward openings for the hoop will have to be enlarged but more involved modifications will be required for the rear leg; the chassis stub will have to be cut off, moved and welded and the opening in the body will need to be filled at the rear and enlarged at the front.

Jeff