Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: fuel components upgarde for 427sb

Post Thanks / Like

fuel components upgarde for 427sb

getting ready to make a purchase for the fuel components that I will need for my build. I have a Holly Sniper efi hooked up to 427 small block that has 495bhp. I have done a bit of research read the holly sniper manual, and read a few build threads to see what guys are doing. Not sure exactly how its all gonna fit so any help making sure I get al the correct components will be helpful. Based on what holly recommends and what I have seen other guys do, here is what Im thinking so far:

* 3/8 ptfe braided fuel lines for the entire run, both supply and return.
    * In tank Hanger from Proam: Walbro 340 (255 liter) fuel pump

not sure which fuel filter I should use and also not sure what fittings/adapters I should get
    Thanks in advance for the help
    Mk4 complete kit ordered in Dec 2022, arrived August 8th 2023. The car will be used for street use only with the goal of being a straight forward, simple build, and authentic (within reason) to an original 427 competition cobra. 15" pin drives wheels, competition dash, no glove box, single roll bar, quick jacks

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 427. I used an Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump #18638, 3/8 ptfe from Hot Rod fuel hose, Aeromotive canister fuel filter #12317, and Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator #13130. I removed the regulator from the Sniper and used the Aeromotive instead because of possible problems with the Sniper built in regulator. I also used Aeromotive fittings for the pump and filter and regulator. The pump uses an ORB fitting.

fuel line 1.jpg FUEL LINE 2.jpg fuel pressure regulator.jpg

Bill
    Delivery Date 6-24-23 Build thread Living the Dream
    SBF 427 564hp/576tq Holley Sniper with Hyperspark by Smeding Performance. Tremec TKX .68 OD. IRS . Wilwood 12.88 brakes. Wilwood EPB. First start 11-17-23. First go cart 11-20-23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Elliott View Post
    I have a 427. I used an Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump #18638, 3/8 ptfe from Hot Rod fuel hose, Aeromotive canister fuel filter #12317, and Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator #13130. I removed the regulator from the Sniper and used the Aeromotive instead because of possible problems with the Sniper built in regulator. I also used Aeromotive fittings for the pump and filter and regulator. The pump uses an ORB fitting.

fuel line 1.jpg FUEL LINE 2.jpg fuel pressure regulator.jpg

Bill
    Thanks Bill, great info. What are some of the problems you came across with the sniper regulator?
    Mk4 complete kit ordered in Dec 2022, arrived August 8th 2023. The car will be used for street use only with the goal of being a straight forward, simple build, and authentic (within reason) to an original 427 competition cobra. 15" pin drives wheels, competition dash, no glove box, single roll bar, quick jacks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrohrig View Post
    getting ready to make a purchase for the fuel components that I will need for my build. I have a Holly Sniper efi hooked up to 427 small block that has 495bhp. I have done a bit of research read the holly sniper manual, and read a few build threads to see what guys are doing. Not sure exactly how its all gonna fit so any help making sure I get al the correct components will be helpful. Based on what holly recommends and what I have seen other guys do, here is what Im thinking so far:

* 3/8 ptfe braided fuel lines for the entire run, both supply and return.
    * In tank Hanger from Proam: Walbro 340 (255 liter) fuel pump

not sure which fuel filter I should use and also not sure what fittings/adapters I should get
    Thanks in advance for the help
    If you're at 495bhp you want to make sure you have plenty of fuel. The Walbro and ProM hanger are both good choices. #6 AN for the fittings. Summit Racing has good fuel filters, and PTFE hose and fittings.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Earl's Vapor Guard hose and fittings. Went together fast and easy, price was acceptable.
    ----------------------------------------------

Jeff
    Roadster delivered 8/27/23
    Chevrolet Performance LS3
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of going with a Walbro pump as they are fairly generic and thus more readily available if I'm broken down somewhere.

100 micron filter between the tank and pump, and a second filter (10 micron) just before the EFI inlet.

Earl
    1st Speedstar in Canada 31 March 2023.
    Built by me 302 engine, AOD trans, 3.55 IRS.