Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: New Build - Preparing To Purchase - 99-04 COBRA SVT Donor Question!!

Post Thanks / Like

Question New Build - Preparing To Purchase - 99-04 COBRA SVT Donor Question!!

Hello Guys,

This is my first Thread, I have been looking to purchase a Type 65 Coupe kit for a long time now, checking the kit cost online i have been wondering about the donor options.

On the F5 webpage for the coupe they recommend the 88-93 Mustang, but for me, that is a very old car.

Can anyone help me? to know if the parts from a 99-04 Cobra SVT Mustang can be used?
    - Engine and manual transmission? (I like this 32v V8 engine)
    - Rear end?
    - front and rear breaks?
    - Other minor parts?
    etc.

Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tkilashot View Post
    Hello Guys,

This is my first Thread, I have been looking to purchase a Type 65 Coupe kit for a long time now, checking the kit cost online i have been wondering about the donor options.

On the F5 webpage for the coupe they recommend the 88-93 Mustang, but for me, that is a very old car.

Can anyone help me? to know if the parts from a 99-04 Cobra SVT Mustang can be used?
    - Engine and manual transmission? (I like this 32v V8 engine) Yes
    - Rear end?No
    - front and rear breaks? Front as long as you use the FFR spindles. The rears will not since the 99-04 Mustang IRS is not compatible
    - Other minor parts? Fuel tank will work, pedal box will not, radiator will not, a few odds and ends probably could be used.
    etc.

Thanks for the help.
    My opinion...in the end when building a coupe you'll probably do better without a donor car unless it is 2015 or later in which case you can use the Coyote and IRS.

Jeff

3. Likes cunfewzed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jeff,

Good idea, I will check for a 2015+ GT Mustang on salvage auction, that is a better option.

Regards.