I'm having some issues with the Aluminum Floor Board Kit from FFR. I have worked very hard to square the bed and the floor fits rather nicely. The problem I have is at the rear of the bed. The bed strips in my kit have round holes unlike the ones pictured in the FFR Installation Instructions. That does not present any problems until you get to the rear hole that is supposed to have a square captured nut squeezed into place. The square captured nut will snap into the round hole but when tightened simply rotates in the hole keeping the nut from tightening. An even bigger problem is the extended fingers (for lack of a better term) on the rear board cover are too short to reach the rear holes in the bed strips. There is approximately a 1/4" mismatch. I could cut the bed strips off 1/4" allowing the rear board cover to fit correctly, but then the floor boards are too long and would have to be shortened by a similar amount. Were I to do that, there would be a large gap behind the rear board cover between it and the roll pan panel.

Has anyone else experience this issue. If so, what did you do to correct the problem. I am currently planning on replacing the rear board cover with a 1/8" x 1" aluminum angle. That angle fits perfectly between the bed strips and the rear panel. I'll put a dummy bolt in the rear holes of the bed strips and attache the aluminum angle to the rear frame crossmember using rivnuts and spacers. It won't look at shiny as the chrome rear board cover but it will work.

Please respond if there is something I am missing or doing wrong. Thank you all.

Jim Vangilder