BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Indiana registration help please '33 Hotrod

Post Thanks / Like

Indiana registration help please '33 Hotrod

If I remember correctly, there's a few in here that have registered these cars in Indiana. Anyone care to provide some info, tips or tricks? What to be prepared for? I have the '33 HotRod, Does Indiana register these as kit cars or as a '33 Ford?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Just 1 More; 03-05-2024 at 03:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if this is as detailed as you need, but I think it could be a good link for the broader builder community:

https://www.semasan.com/resources/ev...-all-50-states
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
    If I remember correctly, there's a few in here that have registered these cars in Indiana. Anyone care to provide some info, tips or tricks? What to be prepared for? I have the '33 HotRod, Does Indiana register these as kit cars or as a '33 Ford?
    Thanks
    I wrote this up a long, long time ago and although I haven't done a '33 I have taken several roadsters and Coupes through since (as recently as last year) and the process has remained pretty much the same. Up until 5 or 6 years ago the state went with 1965 for the model year as is shown on the FFR Certificate of Origin but then changed to making the model year the year that the car was first registered which I think they did by default. We did a Coupe last year and the owner kind of forced the issue by writing 1965 everywhere that the model year was requested rather than leaving it up to the BMV to determine. When the VIN and paperwork came back it indeed showed 1965. I suggest that you do the same.

https://www.ffcars.com/threads/india.../#post-1695574

Good luck!

Jeff

4. Thanks Just 1 More thanked for this post
    Likes Just 1 More, cc2Arider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What am i missing? I have all my lights wired up and working, it runs and drives, body on (no doors), roadster windshield on, what more would I need to get the process started?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
    What am i missing? I have all my lights wired up and working, it runs and drives, body on (no doors), roadster windshield on, what more would I need to get the process started?
    Nothing. I’ve registered them with nothing more than a rolling chassis, the engine on a stand and the body in the back yard. We have no inspection for functionality.

Jeff

7. Thanks Just 1 More thanked for this post
    Likes cc2Arider, Just 1 More liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, get a cop to sign his form, get all of the documents together and mail to BMV. Got my letter back with VIN assignment in less than 2 weeks. Then cop to sign off that VIN is attached, then go to Licence branch. If you need help on which forms I think I have copies of everything and could let you know.
    John
    Gen 3 Coupe #334 received 11/4/21. Coyote, IRS, TKX, Wilwoods
    '02 GT donor, 4.6 sohc, Received #5488 on 5/29/06. 3-link, ps, pb. Hoosier Cobra member (Hoosiercobra.com)

9. Likes Just 1 More liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got the process started today, Deputy came to the house, filled out and signed his portion of the 39530 form
    Last edited by Just 1 More; 03-20-2024 at 05:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got mine licensed today. As mentioned above I found all the forms and instructions online. Just do an internet search. In addition to the forms mentioned above they asked for my insurance. I’ve got my car insured with just comprehensive while in build form and in the process right now of converting to full coverage with same company. When he asked for insurance I had taken a photo of declaration page which showed insurance company and policy number. He didn’t care about anything else. You need to send your original FFR invoice and you’ll pay tax on that amount. That amount will be on the form they send back to take to your local BMV. You’ll need your police officer twice. Total process from the time you mail your first documents about 2 weeks. Fairly simple if you don’t homework and have all your paperwork.

Another time saver. If you are interested in a personalized plate and you are familiar with renewing your plates online with the BMV you can pull up one of your existing vehicles and click on Change Plate and you can play around with whats available for a personalized plate rather than sitting at the license branch for a long time having them check. Just don’t complete the transaction for your existing plate.
    Last edited by dherrenbruck; 04-06-2024 at 08:42 PM.
    MK4 Roadster / Evansville, IN
    Delivered 08/27/2023
    347 Stroker/TKX/IRS/Sniper 2/Hyperspark/Intank Fuel Pump
    Partners: Forte/Breeze/Kleiner/Mountain Metalworks