Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: What home alighnment kit?

Post Thanks / Like

What home alighnment kit?

Right now at the top of my list is the Tenhulzen Camber, Caster, and Toe 2-Wheel Alignment Systems 3300. What other kits do you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Tenhulzen unit and was satisfied. My coupe tracks true, is stable under speed, turns well. I have around 500 miles on it. I have not had it professionally aligned, yet, so I cannot speak to how precise it is. You can align your car with 4 jack stands, some string and a tape measure if you have a flat garage floor and are very meticulous. You can spend thousands on precise rigs, meters, turn plates and corner scales if you want the full meal deal. Or you can get it professionally aligned. If you just want it safely drivable while your are working on it, the Tenhulzen unit will be fine. Just follow the directions and take several measurements to confirm your work.

3. Thanks Just 1 More thanked for this post
    Likes Just 1 More liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drewr View Post
    I used the Tenhulzen unit and was satisfied. My coupe tracks true, is stable under speed, turns well. I have around 500 miles on it. I have not had it professionally aligned, yet, so I cannot speak to how precise it is. You can align your car with 4 jack stands, some string and a tape measure if you have a flat garage floor and are very meticulous. You can spend thousands on precise rigs, meters, turn plates and corner scales if you want the full meal deal. Or you can get it professionally aligned. If you just want it safely drivable while your are working on it, the Tenhulzen unit will be fine. Just follow the directions and take several measurements to confirm your work.
    Great answer, Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Tenhulzen system and car drives straight without any shakes up to 90mph. 1000 mi on the odometer so far

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done many alignments on my car as I experiment with settings, but I like cheap rather than fancy. So I went with these:

Tenhulzen camber/caster gauge which I find very easy. The angle on the plate is how you measure camber by turning the wheels +- 15º or whatever it is.

and this for toe: Longacre toe gauge - I hate strings or tapes personally for this.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    I used FASTRAX. Worked great
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035