Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brake Caiper issue fixed now into TS Flasher issue draining battery

Post Thanks / Like

Brake Caiper issue fixed now into TS Flasher issue draining battery

My Mk4 has been on the road since 2017. only 1 Big issue .The 2009-20012 Mustang front caliper pistons kept locking (Phoenolic) solution was to fit those with metal pictons. That fix woked, no more front wheel lockup.

Now the next issue the Turn signal and 4 way flashers have had an issue since day 1. When the Key is off, the flashers stay warm but are NOT flashing . At first i thould i thought i had a bad battery. It kept drainig. Now ehen I part the car I use th Master Kill switch to shut all all powere off. T786-1"he flashere that came with thr ron francis wiring kit say "TYCO 0-1432786 -1" they are 12V spst 5 pin type. who carries exact repplacements or similar?

With te flashers removd te TS flashers abd 4 way flashers sill energize and come on,
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like

typo

Quote Originally Posted by mcwho View Post
    My Mk4 has been on the road since 2017. only 1 Big issue .The 2009-20012 Mustang front caliper pistons kept locking (Phoenolic) solution was to fit those with metal pictons. That fix woked, no more front wheel lockup.

Now the next issue the Turn signal and 4 way flashers have had an issue since day 1. When the Key is off, the flashers stay warm but are NOT flashing . At first i thould i thought i had a bad battery. It kept drainig. Now ehen I part the car I use th Master Kill switch to shut all all powere off. T786-1"he flashere that came with thr ron francis wiring kit say "TYCO 0-1432786 -1" they are 12V spst 5 pin type. who carries exact repplacements or similar?

With te flashers removd te TS flashers abd 4 way flashers sill energize and come on,
    Oulled oout wrong part disegard "TYCO 0-1432786 the flashere a re TRIDON 552
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not have a issue with my flashers draining my battery, however I did have an issue with the premature failure of the flashers supplied with the kit. I went to my local auto parts store and bought the lifetime guaranteed version of the flashers supplied. Never an issue after that.
    A question, have you swapped the position of the two flashers to see if the problem follows a particular flasher? If you swap them and have the same drainage issue, the problem may not be the flasher itself, but with the wiring.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    The original flashers quit alltogether this week they say triton and 552 the replacement have 552 but a different brand. I believe the flasher ckt is conne conneckeTed to a perm hot on the ign and sb connected to a switch he'd ign key ckt.

Thanks for your fb
    Baghdad Bob