Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need Tire Help

Post Thanks / Like

Need Tire Help

Last October I picked up a FFR MK1. Need to put new tires on it as the old ones are starting to crack and I don't want to start the driving season on the side of the road. Looking for a good driving, cornering tire. Not looking to race or even put the car on a track. Currently has BF Goodrich Comp T/A ZR tires. Front 225/50ZR16 and Rear 255/50ZR16. Having trouble with finding a tire for the rear that size. Honestly don't know enough about tires, sizing, and a MK1 to figure out a different size for the rear that would work. Any suggestions/education/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hankcar.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    16" car tires are becoming unicorns but here you go"

https://www.webtires.net/browse/tire...550ZR16-111485

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jeff, have been having a hard time with the 16" wheels. They do seem to be unicorns. Seems like if I find a make in the 225 front they don't have a 255 rear and vice versa. In your opinion would it be alright to go say, 255's all around instead of staggering 225 front/25 rear?
    Last edited by Hmrhead; 03-21-2024 at 07:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for the link, the 225 BFG tires are discontinued, the 255's are still available. I reached out to these guys and they directed me to Michelin Pilot Sports and they have the 225 and 255 tires. My car now has new shoes