FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Expanding the drivers fottbox

Post Thanks / Like

Expanding the drivers fottbox

F500guy aka Lance was kind enough to let me sit in his nearly completed MK4. I'm 6'2", long legs and 67 year old knees. More room would be nice. On the right side, disassemble the FF panel, take the 90' tapered peices and cut the short vertical sections off. Starting at the bottom of the vertical cut, cut the aluminum horizontal right along the lower bend line the lenth of the shorter peice of the previously cut tapered peices. So instead of one 90' cut, you'll have a three sided cut. Install the upper, longer taperd piece per FF. Install the shorter one in the cut you just made. Then make a Z panel to close off the open end. Now you have an extra inch on the left side.

DSC02884.JPGDSC02886.JPGDSC02888.JPGDSC02889.JPGDSC02890.JPG
    Last edited by Rebostar; 03-22-2024 at 07:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the right side, make two cuts, one along the 45' existing panel about 10" and one vertical just even where you want the gas peddle then bent out the flap, trim the bottom even with the 4" tube. Then make the filler parts out of heavy construct paper and transfer to aluminum. Making the bends for the top piece will take some forthought and planning but worth the effort. Make a 90' 3/4" x 3/4" piece to tie the botton of the panel to the 4" tube. I gained 1.25" on the left side 1" on the right for a wopping 2.25 free inches.

DSC02880.JPGDSC02881.JPGDSC02882.JPGDSC02883.JPG
    Last edited by Rebostar; 03-23-2024 at 04:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This looks like a great mod. Pictures for the right side are not loading by the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D Stand View Post
    This looks like a great mod. Pictures for the right side are not loading by the way.
    Thanks, I reloaded the pics. Dont know what happend. They were there when I initialy posted. We'll see if they disappear again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a mod to remove the 45 degree bend that hits your right leg between the knee and ankle. The DS now resembles the PS in shape. Scroll through the pics and you can see the before and after. If you're interested, I can give you more details.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/albu...chmentid=81361
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035