Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member from KC

Post Thanks / Like

New Member from KC

Hello everyone, I'm hoping to order a MK4 kit within the next few months.
    I've raced karts, micro sprints and mini sprints years ago, also have road raced motorcycles. My Dad raced sprint cars for many years.
    Currently a track day rider for the last many years although my home track Heartland Park Topeka closed at the end of the year, was only an hour drive away.
    One of our corner workers has a FFR MK3 and I fell in love with it, 302 powered.

I'm a retired postal worker, 58 years old. (I started at 18 and saved my money, almost 40 years was enough !)

Planning on building a MK4 with Coyote power.
    iI already have a planned color in mind and probably not much chrome.

I enjoy looking at the build threads and getting ideas and learning what I can.

Greg In Shawnee,KS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Greg.

JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, from another Greg just up the road in Tonganoxie. This is my 2nd FFR, and there is another MkIV Coyote being built here in town. Give me a shout if you want to stop by and kick tires.
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I am in Tonganoxie also and not far from Greg. I am mid build on an MKV with Coyote Power. Let me know if you have any questions.