Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 35 Truck inventory missing parts

Post Thanks / Like

35 Truck inventory missing parts

I have completed my inventory today (about two weeks after delivery) Before I send my Missing Parts Form back to Factory Five, I wanted to ask the forum a question.

Am I missing headers?

The exhaust parts listed in box 14 is: Shorty Pipe Parts (the pipes with the O2 bung) and in box 15 are: hangers, mounts, mufflers, exhaust pipes, gaskets, spacers, hardware pack etc. There is no mention of Headers. There is also NO box 16 on my list.

The headers are not listed on the POL sheet.

Anyone have an answer before I add it to my list of missing parts?
    Last edited by Guardm16; 03-23-2024 at 12:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardm16 View Post
    I have completed my inventory today (about two weeks after delivery) Before I send my Missing Parts Form back to Factory Five, I wanted to ask the forum a question.

Am I missing headers?

The exhaust parts listed in box 14 is: Shorty Pipe Parts (the pipes with the O2 bung) and in box 15 are: hangers, mounts, mufflers, exhaust pipes, gaskets, spacers, hardware pack etc. There is no mention of Headers. There is also NO box 16 on my list.

The headers are not listed on the POL sheet.

Anyone have an answer before I add it to my list of missing parts?
    I'd assume it depends on what engine you specified... not sure FFR provides headers for all engines? You'll need to check with them. I can say for my build with the Gen 3 Coyote, the kit did include headers.... but I'm not sure if the headers were part of the Coyote eng kit or the '35 Truck kit that came with the headers.

Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...35-Truck-Build
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
    I'd assume it depends on what engine you specified... not sure FFR provides headers for all engines? You'll need to check with them. I can say for my build with the Gen 3 Coyote, the kit did include headers.... but I'm not sure if the headers were part of the Coyote eng kit or the '35 Truck kit that came with the headers.

Mark
    It's a 351 small block ford (427 stroker) But it makes me wonder: there are several boxes missing from the sequence. All of the boxes listed by Stewart Transport are accounted for however, how would I know if a major box was left out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Your inventory should reflect the complete list of parts that you ordered. If something wasn't shipped, it will be on your POL list and reflect 0 quantity on your inventory. I suspect that you may not have specified headers on your order, but I don't know if they are included with the truck kit. A call to Factory Five should clear it up.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Your inventory should reflect the complete list of parts that you ordered. If something wasn't shipped, it will be on your POL list and reflect 0 quantity on your inventory. I suspect that you may not have specified headers on your order, but I don't know if they are included with the truck kit. A call to Factory Five should clear it up.
    When I got my Speedstar kit in August 22 there were more parts outright missing and not on any list than what FFR had identified as back ordered and reflect as such on the POL. So missing parts is a possibility.

To the OP I installed a Hemi in my car and the Hemi install kit did not include headers. The supplemental install instructions listed recommended headers that would mate with the supplied down pipes along with a number of other items that I would need to source.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgc333 View Post
    When I got my Speedstar kit in August 22 there were more parts outright missing and not on any list than what FFR had identified as back ordered and reflect as such on the POL. So missing parts is a possibility.

To the OP I installed a Hemi in my car and the Hemi install kit did not include headers. The supplemental install instructions listed recommended headers that would mate with the supplied down pipes along with a number of other items that I would need to source.
    I know a lot of issues came with FFR's new inventory system, so I don’t doubt that could still be an issue but would expect the bugs have been getting worked out over time. A call to them should help get any issues resolved.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Headers are included with the Coyote option and manifolds are included with the LS option otherwise they must be purchased separately.

From the order form:

Choose the engine/exhaust system being installed (most require shorty headers):*
    33462 - Installing Ford 289/302/351W Engine
    34492 - Installing Ford 5.0L Coyote Engine (Includes full length headers)+$899.00
    33770 - Installing Chevy LS Series Engine (Includes manifolds)+$975.00
    35128 - Installing Chevy Small Block Engine
    35113 - Installing Gen 3 Hemi Engine+$150.00
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Headers are included with the Coyote option and manifolds are included with the LS option otherwise they must be purchased separately.

From the order form:

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff, I went over the order form again today. I found the same section you posted, Not a problem. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Post Thanks / Like
    It also takes a lot of research to figer out which headers fit.

A problem that I have found with my SBC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffShod View Post
    It also takes a lot of research to figer out which headers fit.

A problem that I have found with my SBC.
    I am going to order a set of ceramic coated from BBK, then go from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response from FFR on the Missing In Kit "MIK" form. A few of the items are bigger ticket items. The bottom cab bottom floor, the chassis wiring harness and the hood hinges. nuts and bolts here and there are no big deal, but these are kinda impossible (expensive) to replace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardm16 View Post
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response from FFR on the Missing In Kit "MIK" form. A few of the items are bigger ticket items. The bottom cab bottom floor, the chassis wiring harness and the hood hinges. nuts and bolts here and there are no big deal, but these are kinda impossible (expensive) to replace.
    Normally they will respond in just 1-2 business days, but often it's faster than that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had good experiences with items that were MIK for me. My initial MIK list took a couple of days for them to gather together, but once they ship it, they ship it 2 day via FedEx so it gets here quickly. I've had to contact them a couple of times and they've been good each time. Sometimes, you just don't know you're missing something and they're fairly quick to resolve those as well. For example, they didn't send me my motor mounts and they weren't on my shipping list.

I also got a set of ceramic coated BBK headers (BBK-1515) for my 302. Tech support at F5 said they work well for a lot of customers.
    Matthew and Noah
    '35 Hot Rod Truck - 5.0L 302
    Wake Forest, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    Normally they will respond in just 1-2 business days, but often it's faster than that.
    I got an email on Tuesday that said, "We are confirming receipt of your MIK list. Please allow our team 1-3 business days to process your order and get back to you with any questions. "

Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FatherAndSon View Post
    I've had good experiences with items that were MIK for me. My initial MIK list took a couple of days for them to gather together, but once they ship it, they ship it 2 day via FedEx so it gets here quickly. I've had to contact them a couple of times and they've been good each time. Sometimes, you just don't know you're missing something and they're fairly quick to resolve those as well. For example, they didn't send me my motor mounts and they weren't on my shipping list.

I also got a set of ceramic coated BBK headers (BBK-1515) for my 302. Tech support at F5 said they work well for a lot of customers.
    You said, "For example, they didn't send me my motor mounts and they weren't on my shipping list." I got the Powder coated chassis mounts, but there were no motor mounts, nor were they on any of the box lists. I checked today, the build manual says, "Unpack the engine and transmission mounts and loosely attach to the engine." That sounds like they are supposed to be in there. I was thinking about solid mounts anyway, Anyone ever done solid mounts on a 500+ HP small block? Just wondering what the vibrations are like.

Post Thanks / Like
    BBK says part BBK 15110 for the 351, so we will see, they were delivered today

17. Likes RuffShod liked this post