BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Templates for Heat/Sound Mat

Post Thanks / Like

Templates for Heat/Sound Mat

So, I did a thing today. I'm sure this has been well-documented on the forum and will prove to be helpful to absolutely no one (), but I came up with an idea today for templates for my Thermo-Tec mat. I just cut strips of cardboard from a discarded box, and ran them around the perimeter of a section, and taped them together. Boom, done. Took about 30 seconds to make each template, and the results were pretty solid. Rinse and repeat.

CoolMat5.jpgCoolMat4.jpgCoolMat6.jpg
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

2. Thanks eljessup65 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's a great idea for someone who's already installed their panels! I had the foresight to trace all the footbox aluminum panels out on all the cardboard boxes before installing them, and kept the cardboard templates for later use when I was ready for sound mat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egchewy79 View Post
    that's a great idea for someone who's already installed their panels! I had the foresight to trace all the footbox aluminum panels out on all the cardboard boxes before installing them, and kept the cardboard templates for later use when I was ready for sound mat.
    I wish I would've done that!
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that's a good idea. Heck Greg it looks so good you should come do mine!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    I agree that's a good idea. Heck Greg it looks so good you should come do mine!!!
    Hah! Happy to help you do yours when you're ready! I'll be asking for your help when it comes time to install the Coyote! I'll need plenty of 'smart hands' on deck to shove it in. It'll be a year or so.