Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
e fo
Don,

You are going to need documentation for the engine and transmission, casting codes, and partial VIN's if you can find them. Rims, tires, again, receipts for these items, as the state will want to make certain the major components were not reported stolen. Otherwise, you can print off the parts list from FFR for your kit (or call them for it).....Did you get any paperwork documenting the build?

Bill S.
I have all the paperwork from the builder. I was more worried about creating a 1-page document that describes how the vehicle was constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob McCrea View Post
A windshield wiper is required. I have heard of hand-operated wipers on street rods licensed in PA. But I don't know if they are legal. I've never seen one on an FFR roadster or coupe.

I would speak with whoever will do your enhanced vehicle inspection before you bring it in for the initial inspection. For example, my inspector told me in advance he wanted to see heat shields on the side pipes of my coupe. I didn't see that requirement in the PA vehicle code. But he had inspected a lot of FFRs and there was no point in arguing with him, regardless of who was correct. I did what the man wanted and a few weeks later was legally on the road.
I stopped in to see my inspector, and he's done a few cobras before. He was speaking from his experience of these cars getting rejected in the past. So things I need that the car doesn't currently have
• Windshield Wipers: Got a set from this forum, where they are mailed around the country to those that need them next, so when I am done I will mail them to who else needs them
• Windshield Washer: He said it can be a mechanical pump, just needs to squirt water onto the windshield. I bought a little sump pump and will rig something up. Back-up plan is a $20 washer system from Amazon, but I'll need to drill holes in my body to mount the squirters - would rather avoid that
• Windshield Defroster: I bought a little dash-mounted one from Amazon, he said that would be fine.
• Side Pipes Heat Shield: He said everything outside the body needs wrapped. I checked the code and it does say that, so I have DEI wrap and fabric heat shield I will install
• Bumpers: I only have the quick jacks, nothing else. He said we'll submit as is, but it could be rejected. If so, we'll fashion a bumper to pass.

He said the issue is a PENNDOT inspector may want to come see the car in person, he said it doesn't happen often, but did happen to him recently. So he has to follow the book, no matter how dumb it is for a vehicle without a roof!