Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Solid engine mounts and are mounts included?

Post Thanks / Like

Solid engine mounts and are mounts included?

Has anyone used solid engine mounts on a 35 truck or 33 hot rod? I have a 500+hp 427 Windsor motor. I was just wondering what the vibrations are like?

On this topic. I have see several posts about engine mounts in the kit. Engine mounts and Transmission mounts are not on any of the lists of parts in my kit, however the 35 Truck build manual says, "Unpack the engine and transmission mounts and loosely attach to the engine." This sounds like they should be included in the kit?

I do have the powder coated chassis adapter for the engine mounts and a transmission bracket to support the trans mount.

Anyone have an experience with this?

Post Thanks / Like
    no experience with solid, although for the longest time I told people there 33 was solid-mounted. They aren't! There's some rubber kinda hidden, but not a lot.

Engine and trans mounts are certainly included based on the options you pick. You can specify a whole bunch of options and it'll configure mounts and driveshaft accordingly
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    My 33 Speedstar came with Energy Suspension polyurethane engine and transmission mounts. Not much give in them but they do work and I do not get any vibrations through the chassis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My 33 HR came with the motor mount brackets and urethane insulators. Almost zero engine movement, yet zero vibrations sent up the frame to the body. Very pleased with them. I had solid mounts on several of my toys years ago and it was too much, lots of vibration and noise transmitted into the body. Unless you want a "real race car" feel, I would use the urethane insulators.

Post Thanks / Like
    All great information. Wonder why my Small block Ford and AOD trans set-up didn't include mounts in the kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, $291.00 from Energy Suspension. I hope FFR sends them as part of the kit POL. They are not listed anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardm16 View Post
    Dang, $291.00 from Energy Suspension. I hope FFR sends them as part of the kit POL. They are not listed anywhere.
    best to give them a call, they should be included,
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news. The mounts have been located. I wend home last night and started re-inventorying everything I thought I was missing. I found the box of Energy Suspension parts in box 14. I am sure there was some disconnect between me and the wife while we were straying up late getting the inventory done. I was calling out parts, she was reading the lists and somewhere I thought she was talking about the Chassis adapter mount, and I thought I had a box of bushings. Last night with less beer and less hours of opening the sea of never ending boxes, the parts were found.

Lesson to me and everyone. Inventory is nothing to rush through. FFR gives you a very generous 45 days to get it done. I get it; it is a very exciting time and we all want to jump in and start turning wrenches. Please slow down, take a breath and double check yourself after a good nights sleep.

9. Likes RoadRacer liked this post