Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mustang replica wheels on coupe, will these offsets work?

Post Thanks / Like

Mustang replica wheels on coupe, will these offsets work?

I’ve tried looking at the wheel and tire repository, however results vary. I’m looking at two different sets of wheels….

F: 19x10 +40
    R: 19x11 +55

Front specs: 19x10 / 35MM Offset
    Rear specs: 19x11 / 50MM Offset

From what I’m understanding about offset is that positive is putting the hub of the wheel more towards the outside of the rim. Which if I’m understanding correctly, might necessitate need of a spacer to keep inner edge of the wheel away from the from.

Can anyone tell me more or less which set would be better? I would like to run 305s and 325s

My caveat here being I’m looking at more modern wheels, in stock, ready to ship so I can finally have a roller. Most customs at 8 weeks plus.
    Last edited by Kbl7td; 04-01-2024 at 02:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What I can tell you in simple terms and by backspacing measurements (my brain is wired to only think in backspacing) is that you need a 5" rear backspace and a 5.5" front backspace depending on the rim size. Add spacers to get these amounts of backspace or buy wheels that have these specs.

I just ordered yet another set of wheels for my Gen III Coupe: 18x11 5" backspacing for the rear and 18x10 5.5" backspacing for the front. This allows me to run a 315mm rear / 275mm front tire set. I've run a 295mm front on this size wheel which was also fine.

With these wheel sizes, the tires are flush with the wheel openings of the body and nothing rubs.

Dave
    Gen III #17
    21,000+ miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dave. I had someone else PM a wheel it fit website as well. Did a bunch of test runs and settled on a 19x9.5 and 19x10. I’m sure I’ll eventually change wheels too but I’m itching to get this thing rolling.