Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sniper Grounding

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Make sure the hyperspark distributor has the correct gear on it, I had to change it for my hydraulic roller cam setup...

Steve
    The Duel Spark has the correct gear if you need steel. It is the same as the hyperspark if you get the adaptor. It's what Holley will tell you to buy unless you want to change the gear on the hyperspark. The duelspark distributor is less expensive than modifying the gear.

Also I'm sorry my advice assumed you had the sniper running your timing. I should have asked more questions.
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzboy54 View Post
    The Duel Spark has the correct gear if you need steel. It is the same as the hyperspark if you get the adaptor. It's what Holley will tell you to buy unless you want to change the gear on the hyperspark. The duelspark distributor is less expensive than modifying the gear.

Also I'm sorry my advice assumed you had the sniper running your timing. I should have asked more questions.
    Steve, you saved me A LOT of headache! I ordered my Hyperspark system and spoke directly to Holley on this and told them I'm running a Ford Racing crate motor with roller cams and they never mentioned anything about incompatibility! After seeing your post, I called them back and they said "oh boy, yep, this would have very bad to have installed this distributor with the gear we sent you". They are overnighting me a replacement.
    Thank you for your note!!
    Picked up kit 9/6/22. Complete Roadster Kit, IRS, 18" wheels, Forte 302, T5. First build. No auto mechanical experience and beyond excited to learn. Loaded with "Empty Nester" time and energy. Link to my build videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgX...uCWGcelzGecm1Q

3. Likes Geoff H, FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I switched my gear on the Hyperspark, I had to heat the gear to get it to grow in size in order to slide/press it on. I used a height gauge to make sure it was set to the correct position.

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll need a press to change the gear. Most any shop can do it, but follow the instructions exactly.
    Mk IV Roadster, 347/516 HP, 8 stack injection, Holley HP ECU, Astro Performance T5, 3-Link 4.10 gears, A/C, PS, PB Purchased 08/2015, Graduated 02/2017

6. Likes weendoggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but I have had my car rev up to 2000 rpm twice now when I pull into a parking lot off of a main street after I take my food off the accelerator. Both times I had been driving for about 30 minutes and things were stable beforehand. Both times I turned the car off, and when I started it again things were fine. I think I recall reading there is a setting in the Sniper to help with this, but not sure what it is or what it should be set to.

Sniper with BPE 347, sniper is not controlling the timing and I am using the tune Blueprint supplied (assuming they changed anything from the stock settings).

Thanks
    JJ
    Mk 4 complete kit w/IRS delivered (mostly) 10-31-22. BPE 347FI w/TXK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123